Discover the Ways To Learn Spanish Faster
Spanish has proved to be a very useful language to learn. Being one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, you will find a great advantage for use of it once you have mastered even just the basics of the language.
Following the tips below can help you learn Spanish more easily.
Provide yourself a forced situation
What it meant is simply put yourself in situations where you are forced to actually use the language. Ironically, that is how we as humans learn the fastest. You can do this by watching Spanish movies, reading Spanish language newspapers, travel to Spanish speaking countries or even befriending a Spanish friend. If you want to pick up common idioms fast, pronouncing slangs and accents just like native speakers, your best bet is to have frequent interaction with Spanish native speakers. That way, you sound like a native a lot quicker.
If you cannot travel to Spanish speaking countries or you want to go with a basic level of Spanish, a good online course could be your solution.
Practicing a lot
Finding Spanish natives around may not always be possible. The next best thing is finding some programs that are meant to help you learn with the help of the new technologies.
Taking note of direct translations
Because not all words and things can be directly translated from one language to another, some things that may sound like they would mean may actually be otherwise. Do take note of this to avoid some embarrassment.
Idioms, for instance, are one thing that you do not always translate word for word. If needed, you may keep a dictionary handy. False cognates are referred to words that have a similar sound to both Spanish and English but in actual fact; they meant an entirely different thing. Now that you know, you will be more prepared when coming across a particular word or idiom.
Read a lot
Because they are exposed to the proper use of language and its most popular. It ’s easy to assimilate the use of language in this way and therefore being able to remember and reproduce when you speak. The reading material should be such as to hold the reader’s interest, and grammar and use of politically correct language.
Help yourself with audiovisual materials
Watch tv show or movies are very good when we learning Spanish. Because, along with the written word can also learn the correct pronunciation and accent, unless you hear them speak again and again, it would not be able to perfect.
How much time is needed to learn Spanish?
Have you asked you how much time is needed to learn Spanish?
Speed your Spanish
Do you want more pieces of advice? we give you 10 pieces of practical advice to be able to learn Spanish easier and faster. check them and learn! and if you want more, just click here.
- Put yourself objectives to fulfill during your learning time. Those should be realistic and feasible. You can ask the school where you decided to study teaching staff for help and support.
- Don’t be shy when you have to talk to someone, the best way to improve is practicing. Try to express yourself in real situations such as in the bar, the bakery, a restaurant, etc.
- The Spanish’ character is perfect to practice, they are very open and communicative, but so are the others from other many Spanish speaking countries, so do not hesitate to start a conversation with a native, as this will seem very natural and easy to you. Do not despair if people do not understand you at first, be patient and learn the best way to express things directly from them. They will be ready to help you at all times and they will encourage you to practice speaking with them.
- Choose an attractive country to start this beautiful adventure. For example, Spain is the third country in the world for tourists, and first among those with Spanish as an official language, but there are also other countries with tourist interest and a selection of attractions.
- Attend a recognized Spanish school in the city where you decided to study, as that is where they will help you to find the best methods to better your knowledge more rapidly and with more interest.
- Gain access to the country’s culture and enjoy the life you will find there. Follow the festivities closely, the customs, and participate in all the cities’ activities, to improve your knowledge in a fun way.
- Do not go to live with or find only people from your country or with whom you speak only in English, that way your learning process would be much slower. Try to live with a Spanish family or in a flat with only Spanish, which will push you to practice at all time and you will learn from native speakers.
- Buy a dictionary and take it everywhere with you, it should become your best friend and will help you in the most difficult situations, but do not use it constantly.
- Fill your house with Spanish words and sentences you’d like to remember and try to make them the ones you’ll use most. This will force you to repeat them over and over, which will help you remember easier.
- Watch television, watch a film or go to the cinema. To be always in contact with a Spanish will help you familiarise with the inflection, the words, and their correct use. Read books, magazines or publications on the internet will also bring you a big quantity of Spanish words and sentences you will find very useful.
You now know that to learn a language isn’t a one day job, so be persevering and do not despair, and, do not forget to enjoy this great adventure.
Did you like this post?
CHECK ALL THE FREE RESOURCES FOR LEARNING SPANISH ONLINE
Free Basic Spanish resources
- Spanish Alphabet
- Spanish Numbers
- Days of the Week in Spanish
- Months in Spanish
- First steps to Learn Basic Spanish
- Basic Conversation Skills in Spanish
Free Spanish Exam Resources
Free Spanish Grammar Resources
How to Say Spanish Resources
Free Conversational Spanish Resources
Tips & Tricks for Learning Spanish
Other Spanish Resources
Do you want more information about our Online Spanish Courses?
The Best Teachers. The Best Method. The Best E-learning platform.
Leave a Reply