Practice Spanish with this recipe
Cooking a potatoes omelet is a very common activity practiced by students who are studying Spanish in Spain. It is one of the most popular where families often cook it to eat in their own homes, although it also appears in the menu of the best restaurants. Anyway, it is often eaten as a tapa or as an appetizer in bars to accompany a caña (glass of beer) or glass of wine.
We will explain how to cook tis tasty dish, it is prepared in only 30 minutes, including preparation and cooking.
The ingredients are:
- 6 eggs
- 3 potatoes (600 gr.)
- 1 onion (200 gr.)
- Olive oil
- Cut the transverse potatoes in thin circles, although somewhat thicker than the potato chips, and the onion into small pieces.
- Fry in a pan with oil, preferably olive oil, and a little salt the potatoes until they will be soft but not crispy. Retire and save the oil.
- In the oil, fry the onion until it will be transparent. Retire it.
- Mix the onion with the potatoes.When the potatoes and onions are mixed it´s recommended draining of the olive oil.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. The time of trying to fry the potatoes can be used to prepare the eggs. Both beaten eggs as potatoes and onions are often put some salt, independently.
- Mix the beaten eggs and the mix of potatoes and onion.
- Once the mixture is ready to put a bit of olive oil back into the pan and when it is hot put the egg mixture, potatoes and onions. It should be on medium fire, not too much but not very soft because omelet could be too dry.
- To flip the tortilla you can help yourself with a plate over the tortilla in the pan. The most experienced often throw the tortilla in the air turning dramatically. To the rookies, would not recommend these turns, to avoid the omelets fall down on the floor.
The popularity of the ingredients and resources facilitates the practice as an activity in the schools of Spanish for students learning Spanish in Spain.
The potatoes omelets, despite their simplicity, can be very demanding from the culinary point of view, as there are many factors that influence the art and ways to do them. The factors that most influence the customization of the chef are cutting the potatoes, the way frying them, how to separate the fried oil, as well as how to cook the tortilla itself.
On the table, it is usually cut into triangular portions, such as cheeses in portions or plastic wedges like in Trivial Pursuit. In the bars, they are usually accompanied by a small portion of bread.
And voilà, enjoy the tortilla de patata. Let us know who was your experience preparing this recipe in the comments!
Do you want more? check the Paella recipe and how to prepare the Sangria.
Did you like this post?
CHECK ALL THE FREE RESOURCES OF THE SPANISH CULTURE
Do you want more information about our Online Spanish Courses?
The Best Teachers. The Best Method. The Best E-learning platform.
Leave a Reply