The 8 best things you can do in Tenerife
The island of Tenerife is a place where students from Spanish students have a great offer of activities to undertake. Here we leave you a series of pieces of advice to never get bored on this big island:
- Go for a walk in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the island capital, and discover its different cultures, its monuments, and talk with the people.
- Go to the Parque Nacional del Teide and climb up to the top of the volcano, which is the highest point in Spain, 3.718 meters high, and the landmark of the city. It is the most emblematic natural monument of the Canary Islands, where you can enjoy beautiful landscapes and a great fauna and nature. It is without a doubt an excursion you need to do during your stay in the city.
Spend the day on one of the island’s beaches with your mates, the most famous are the ones of South Tenerife, in the municipalities of Arona and Costa Adeje. You can also bathe in the natural swimming pools you can find on the entire island, many of them being in the Puerto de la Cruz.
- Rent a car and cover all places on the island such as La Laguna, Unesco World Heritage city, Garachico, La Orotava or los Vinos. All of them have a special charm and many things to discover, such as the Drago Milenario and the Casa de los Balcones.
Try the typical food of Tenerife is a must during your stay on the island, so if someday you go to eat with your friends we recommend you have the famous “papas arrugás” with mojo picón.
- Go to the locality of Los Gigantes and observe one of the most spectacular landscapes of the island, the cliffs and how they were called in the Antiquity, the “Muralla del Infierno” (Great wall of hell).
You can do things not only during the day, nightlife in the different municipalities of the islands is very active, it is, therefore, ideal to go out and have some drinks with your friends.
- And if you are on the island in February, you will live in person the most important festivity with most international impact, the carnival of Tenerife.
With this pieces of advice, you will able to enjoy completely your stay at Tenerife.
Did you like this post?
CHECK ALL THE FREE RESOURCES FOR TRAVEL TO SPAIN AND LATIN AMERICA
Do you want more information about our Online Spanish Courses?
The Best Teachers. The Best Method. The Best E-learning platform.
Leave a Reply